In the News
- Carmen Rosa Noroña and Neena McConnico co-authored an article in the November issue of ZERO TO THREE's Journal (Volume 34, No.2).
Colorism, A Legacy of Historical Trauma in Parent-Child Relationships: Clinical, Research, and Personal Perspectives.
Marva L. Lewis, Carmen Rosa Norona, Neena McConnico, and Kandace Thomas.
- Betsy Groves, Founder of CWVP, wrote a Letter to the Editor regarding the Boston Marathon bombing. It was publishing on April 24, 2013. Click here to read the full article.
- Jenifer Goldman Fraser, Associate Director of Research & Program Development, was interviewed regarding the Boston Marathon bombing by JewishBoston.com. Her interview was published on April 22, 1013. Click here to read the full article.
- Rick Townley of the Washington Post, cited CWVP in an article on April 17, 2013 that discussed the Boston Marathon bombing. In the article Mr. Townley lists several books that CWVP suggests for helping children who have experienced violence. Click here to read the full article.
- Betsy Groves, Founder of CWVP, participated in a Podcast on April 16, 2013 hosted by Harvard to discuss how both parents and teachers can discuss with their children the meaning and impact of the recent tragedy in Boston. Click here to listen to the Podcast.
- Jenifer Goldman Fraser and Carmen Rosa Noroña presented at The Steven J. Parker Memorial Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Conference: Clinical Problems in Primary Care on March 9, 2013.
Evidence-Based Intervention for Children Exposed to Maltreatment: State of the Science and Implication for Practice and Research
Jenifer Goldman Fraser, PhD
Infusing Fussy Baby into Pediatric Settings: Lessons Learned From the Field
Margot Kaplan Sanoff, EdD and Carmen Rosa Noroña, MSW, MS Ed
- Carmen Rosa Noroña, MS Ed, co-authored three articles in the November issue of ZERO TO THREE's Journal (Volume 33, No.2). The articles are:
Infant Mental Health Professional Development: Together in the Struggle for Social Justice
Maria Seymour St. John, Kandace Thomas, and Carmen Rosa Noroña with The Irving Harris Foundation Professional Development Network Tenets Working Group
From Tenet to Practice: Putting Diversity-Informed Services Into Action
Chandra Ghosh Ippen, Carmen Rosa Noroña, and Kandace Thomas
Broadening The Scope: Next Steps in Reflective Supervision Training
Carmen Rosa Noroña, Mary Claire Heffron, Sara Grunstein, and Ayannakai Nalo
- The Child Witness to Violence Project and two of CWVP's clinical staff, Carmen Rosa Noroña, MS Ed, and Marta Casas, MA, were featured in the The National Child Traumatic Stress Spring 2012 newsletter: IMPACT: Special Edition on Culture and Trauma. Click on this link to read more.
- Marta Casas, MA, presented the webinar: Cultural Implications of Secondary Traumatic Stress in English and the first-ever Spanish webinar. Click here to learn more.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress IMPACT: Spring 2012 Newsletter Special Edition on Culture and Trauma